Bill Seeks to Protect BPO Employees - Bulatlat

A year ago, working student Laarni was earning P75.00 per hour and working eight hours per day as a call center agent in Libis, Quezon City. Her minimum take-home pay was P13, 500 (US$300) a month. Not bad for a starting salary, Laarni said, as she was also getting non-taxable food and transportation allowance and Philhealth benefits. But later, the company’s mandatory 3-hour overtime took its toll on her health.

A working student from the University of the Philippines-Diliman, Laarni has recently applied for the position of full time agent in an “elite” call center company near her university. She said it seems likely she would be hired.

“My dad is no longer alive; my eldest sister and I are the breadwinners. I do not have a choice but to work at night and study in the morning. Now, I am looking for a more competitive salary,” she explained.

From: http://ping.fm/toQKv

0 comments:

Post a Comment

UP Diliman Campus Map